Shabby Miss Jenn

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Cute Ruffled Skirt


I am always looking for cute outfits that my kids can play it. Clothes that look decent but don't cost a ton. I don't want my kids to look like raga-muffins :) I found this ruffled skirt tutorial on Grand Revival Designs. I used some scraps that I thought Cambryn would wear and wha la. It look me all of 30-45 min to complete. So Easy. I am all about instant gratification. I then went to walmart spent $4 on a shirt made a flower out of the same fabric and put some swarovski crystals on it --Cute outfit she can play in for under $10.

Today I took Cambryn to the store and let her pick out some fabric to make 3 more skirts. I think we will find some plain tanks and decorate the fronts to match. I love Girls.







Skirt in action

7 comments:

mandi said...

if only I had one ounce of creativity as you, I would be happy. You are so talented and I hope one day you make a lot of money on from your talents

ChicBlvd.com Mom to Be said...

You should really start selling your crafts- do you already? check out my products-chicbuds.com :)
OMG- can't believe you are pretty close we should meet up sometime in LA :)
Katie

Mama Cher, Ok, fine, it's Sharon said...

That is sooo cute! Amazing that it only took you 40 minutes. I think I would take an hour just to read the directions. Then I would think about it for an hour. Then I would give up and beg you to do it for me!

Erika said...

Oh my ADORABLE!

Andi Kate, Children's Author said...

What?! That is crazy!

That was my for real outloud response to this post. I am still afraid of my sewing machine, so this kind of magic would never happen for me. Next time you come to Utah, could you please give me some tutorials? :)

the speers said...

cute! i love the pic of cambryn running...wait where's the snow?! :D

Allie said...

That skirt would have taken me 3 or 4 hours to make! That is why I just gave up. I wish you lived close, I would pay you to make Alexa stuff. She would absolutely love that outfit!